TOOOL Code of Conduct
We want TOOOL events to be a safe and productive environment for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all participants.
This Code of Conduct applies to everyone participating at TOOOL events - from attendees to speakers, organizers, volunteers, media, exhibitors, sponsors, and all staff.
TOOOL is dedicated to a harassment-free experience for everyone. TOOOL provides a forum for open discussion between participants, where many viewpoints are welcome and a high degree of skepticism is expected.
We will not tolerate any form of harassment against any person, for any reason. Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- harassment that occurs in person, online, or by proxy
- offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise… TOOOL events are not the place for "That's what she said" jokes.)
- intimidation, stalking, or following
- harassing photography or recording
- sustained disruption of talks or other activities
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome sexual attention
- behavior with the purpose of making others feel uncomfortable, unwelcome, or afraid
Anyone asked by staff or attendees to stop harassing behavior is expected to comply immediately. We reserve the right to respond to harassment in the manner we deem appropriate, including but not limited to expulsion without refund and referral to the relevant authorities. At the discretion of the TOOOL board, punitory measures may be taken in addition to the immediate remedy.
Anyone can report harassment. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a TOOOL staff member or reach out to us via email or on social media where our DMs are always open and we try to monitor them with relative frequency.
You also can email this actively monitored mailbox at the email address: email@example.com or DM us @TOOOL on Twitter.
Note that if this is an emergency, please dial 911 and contact law enforcement immediately.